From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation Window hangs labview when it is opened.why?

sorry! I post a version without password.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(947 Views)

Your diagrams have ~27M and ~37M pixels. How do you expect this to be rendered into the navigation window instantaneously. Won't happen.

Just testing on my old laptop. I can show the navigation window, but it takes many seconds to redraw whenever e.g. a visible case is changed.

(Yes, your code is extremely inefficient, with tons of duplicate data structures and unecessary code. For example, why do you read matrices, convert them to 2D arrays and write the values to hidden indicators. Then read the value of the indicator via a single local variable. Why not eliminate all the middlemen? Your method creates several unecessarydata copies in memory. Blatant overuse of sequence structures, local variables, and value property nodes. unecessary for loops. Full of potential race conditions. It's not worth analyzing further. Sorry)

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(939 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

For example, why do you read matrices, convert them to 2D arrays and write the values to hidden indicators. Then read the value of the indicator via a single local variable. Why not eliminate all the middlemen? 

Thank you altenbach.

I have essential questions for redesigning my codes.

1) How can I use arrays and datas at various nodes in the VI without using local variables and "value property nodes"?( Recently I knew that "local variable"s make copy of data and then I changed my codes with using "value property nodes.") Is there any better way to use data in several nodes instead of "value propery nodes"?Actually I like to know how can I eliminate middlemens to use datas?

2) How you find that my block diagrams have "~27M and ~37M pixels"??where on Labview menus  you find this?

3)  what do  exactelly "sequence stracture"s do on compiling that using these stractures should be limited? Do these stractures make compiled code to be in series and destroy parallelism strategy of LABview?Do you have or know any tutorial to learn in deapth using "sequence stractures"?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(909 Views)

Can I suggest that you spell check your VI's?

I can see you have put a lot of work in your front panels.  They are very busy, but you have put a lot of effort into organizing the layouts and adding graphics.

But the image of quality quickly goes away when words are misspelled.

1.  The word would be "LABELING",  not "LABALING".

2.  The word is "Ambient", nol "Amnient".

3.  "Temperature", not "Temprature".

4.  There is no such word as "EQUIPMENTS".  No "S".  Whether you are talking about 1 item or multiple items, the word is "EQUIPMENT".

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(781 Views)