From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIOPCserve unable to load driver DLL D:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\NI OPC Servers\V5

There is a error in my OPC servers2013,when  it is started. NIOPCserve unable to load driver DLL  D:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\NI OPC Servers\V5.I dont know how to solve it. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,089 Views)

@阿布 wrote:

There is a error in my OPC servers2013,when  it is started. NIOPCserve unable to load driver DLL  D:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\NI OPC Servers\V5.I dont know how to solve it. 

This is strange.  I presume this is LabVIEW 2013 installed on a Windows PC, right?  [You don't give us much information].  I'll note that I've never seen a Windows system where the System Device wasn't C:\, and where Program Files (x86) wasn't on the System Device.  Can you confirm this extremely unusual System Configuration?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,066 Views)

Yes. Lv2013 is installed on my PC .The sofrwares are all installed in D:\ on my PC including the OPCservers 2013. what other information do you need? thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,058 Views)

I still suspect the non-standard location for Program Files is causing this.  Please try the following, which I've pasted as a LabVIEW 2016 Snippet, but have labelled so you should be able to create (most of) it yourself:

Show Defined Paths.png

The key to this routine is the sub-Palette "File Constants" on the File I/O Palette.  If it includes the System Directory function, then code the top loop to return the 14 Named Paths (and their names).  When you run this, look to ensure that all of the Paths make sense on your system, specifically that none of them use C:\Program Files (x86).  On my system, the C:\ drive is definitely represented ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,046 Views)