LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIDAQ WOES

Hi,

I am using labview 6.1 . Recently i upgraded NI DAQ to latest NIDAQ 7.2. I have installed PCI-6014 and was working fine untill the upgrade. Now it shows as DAQmx device in max explorer. When i tried to use it i got the error(error -10401) that the hardware is not a standard NI hadware. I believe its something to do with configuration of the card in MAX explorer. I am tying to convert it as a traditional NI-DAQ device but am unable to. Can someone suggest me a solution.

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,358 Views)
Hello Shakes,

Make sure that you are specifying the correct device number in your program. In MAX, look at the device number next to your board under the Traditional NI-DAQ folder, not the DAQmx folder. Use this device number to run your example programs in LabVIEW. You are probably using the device number of your board that appears under the DAQmx folder, that's why you are getting that error (you can't use DAQmx with LabVIEW 6.1)

Hope this helps,

LA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,339 Views)
Hello LA

Thanks for the answer. when i installed NIDAQ 7.2 id only showed me NIdaqmx in MAX automatically listed the 6014 in it. The traditional daq was not available. Anyhow i uninstalled it and is using the older version of NIDAQ now. I have an application where i have to capture the analogue input data using external triggering. The card i have to use is 6070E. Since i am new to it i dont have much idea about triggering. can u provide any help how to work with it in labview 6.1
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,328 Views)
Hello Shakes,

1. I would encourage you to download the latest version of our drivers (NI-DAQ 7.3). You can download them from here

2. To find an example of analog input using an external trigger go to Find Examples in LabVIEW. In the browse tab, go to Hardware Input and Output, DAQ, Analog Input, General and choose the example Cont Acq&Graph(buffered) D-Trig.VI. This program will start acquiring analog input data continuously once a digital trigger is applied.

Hope this helps,

LA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,310 Views)