cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI9870 to control Agilent E3647A

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to control a Power supply E3647A using cRIO 9074 and NI 9870 in FPGA mode.

When I send the SCPI commands like APPLY, SYSTEM:REMOTE, INST:NSEL 1|2, OUTPUT ON|OFF, *RST, *TST?, the Power supply executes them (I can see this in power display). But when I use any query command like *IDN, APPLY? I've read anything.

I've tryed to use the E364xA drive but doesn't work, i've changed the power supply to another one and happens the same.

I need to read the query commands. some body could help me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,392 Views)

First Try to do the same in Hyper termainal and Make sure you are getting reply.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,367 Views)

I've tryed this and i've got the same problem. I can write the commands and power supply execute them but I can not read the strings from equipment (if the power is writing anything).

any idea?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,342 Views)
Are you sure about the command you are using to read strings from the equipment is true?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,338 Views)
Sorry typho error....
Are you sure about the command that you are using to read strings from the equipment is correct?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,335 Views)

Yes, SCPI basic command *IDN?\n

It must write the <model number>,<serial number>,<software revision>.

I changed the equipment for another E3647A, one E3642A and E3649A and I do not read anything. I would like to know if someone achieve to receive this string via RS232.

I'm using a code that is in "find example" of Labview. I did some modification to adapt for my use.

In this program I read three ports simutaneous in differents baud rate. 2 ports I read bytes from another software and one I would like to control this power supply.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,314 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jonesjol

Hi everybody,

I solved the problem.

The NI9870 doesn't use flow control DTR/DSR (only RTS/CTS) and the E3647A only use DTR/DSR.

It must be done programmable via FPGA I/O Property Node setting DTR State as asserted.

Thanks, PalanivelT, for try help me.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,198 Views)