LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-supported Direct to PDF Report LV Toolkit

NI, that is not right how you moved my idea to duplicate with this old idea from 2010.

My new idea received 12 kudos in 24 hours.  The old idea has 60+ kudos but how is anybody to find it?  Nobody will even consider an idea from 2010.  The ideas exchange system is flawed in this respect.

My post and the feedback received clearly points to the fact that after 4 years the solutions provided for this on the tools network are inadequate.

I don't purchase hardware from NI and I don't do data acquistition.  I rely on NI in-built tools and have noticed a steep decline in NI's production of new tools for LV.  I don't believe the LV communitiy is large enough for companies to produce good (reliable and proven) add-ons for LV due to economics.

I own the report generation toolkit but don't use it as it's too cumbersome, has too many dependencies and takes too long to develop.  This idea is completely un-related to the report generation toolkit.

In my opinion as a long time LV user, NI should develop a library for direct to PDF reports.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,314 Views)

Hi battler,

I apologize for any frustration this has caused you. R&D strongly considers the Idea Exchange when we are preparing future releases. My understanding is that ideas are set as duplicate with an old one, such as yours, so that all of the input from customers can be consolodated. This does not mean that your input is not highly valued and not a part of the process of making our future releases, and as it is still a recent post, is something we will be paying attention to.

Have a great weekend! 

Rahul B.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,171 Views)