LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI myRIO Windows 10

Hi,

So I recently upgraded to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) and now LabVIEW cannot detect the myRIO.

The device shows up in the control panel of Windows. I have installed all the same latest versions of the drivers (Real-Time/myRIO) and everything just as I did before, but still cannot find it.

Has anyone else had/resolved this issue?

Thanks,

-T

Message 1 of 18
(7,030 Views)

What version of LabVIEW?  [Only LabVIEW 2015 is certified for Windows 10].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(7,013 Views)

Which versions do you call the latest?  It never helps to say that.  It's often the case someone installs what they believe is the latest and it's a couple versions back

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(6,986 Views)

Yes I am using LabVIEW 2015 and 2015 myRIO software bundle 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(6,964 Views)

When you see it in device manager, is it a myRIO or just detected as a random USB device?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(6,953 Views)

What is your fast startup options in Windows?  I remember hearing that this setting needs to be disabled to detect some hardware, and maybe in the OS upgrade it turned it on.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(6,933 Views)

I ended up just reverting my system back to Windows 7 and it works.

I've talked to some other folks that have had the same issue. It seems that if you have LabVIEW installed and then upgrade to Windows 10, issues like this arise. I'd suggest to anyone having this problem to either not upgrade to Windows 10, or uninstall everything before upgrading and reinstalling after the software update.

Best,

-T

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(6,919 Views)

@TallGrass wrote:

I ended up just reverting my system back to Windows 7 and it works.

I've talked to some other folks that have had the same issue. It seems that if you have LabVIEW installed and then upgrade to Windows 10, issues like this arise. I'd suggest to anyone having this problem to either not upgrade to Windows 10, or uninstall everything before upgrading and reinstalling after the software update.

Best,

-T

Your conclusions are completely erroneous.  If you are running a version of LabVIEW (2012) incompatible with Windows 10, you should not upgrade to Windows 10.  On the other hand, if you are running a compatible version of LabVIEW (2015), an upgrade to Windows 10 may work.  Of course, any time you upgrade an operating system, it is prudent to reinstall the applications ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(6,913 Views)

He's running 2015.  Why are we ranting about 2012?  It's "erroneous" to go on about that.  He clearly did run into an issue upgrading to Windows 10 while having a compatible version of LabVIEW.

That said, it doesn't look like there's any troubleshooting left to be done.  Things are working on Win7.  Good luck with your development.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(6,907 Views)

I've had two personal machines upgraded to Windows 10 at home from 7, both with LabVIEW 2015 SP1 installed before the upgrade, and everything is alright after the upgrade.  Of course I don't have a myRIO so that part of the equation is missing.  Glad to hear you have a working system.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(6,890 Views)