From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI XNET Signal names in log

So I'm making a VI that is logging incoming CAN data from an ECU via a NI 9862 C-series CAN module as well as some additional analog inputs. I'm using the XNET vi's and specifically the read set to "Signal Waveform" so it outputs a waveform datatype and I'm logging it in a TDMS file. The vi logs everything fine but all my CAN channel inputs don't have a channel name associated with the waveform like the analog channels do.  I had assumed that because you were setting what signals to read via the signal list it would automatically associate the signal name with the waveform but apparently it does not. I'm hoping there's a way to accomplish this simply at the initialization stage. Currently the only method I can think of is to convert the signal list to an array of strings and use the set attribute vi to set each waveforms name in a FOR loop but I'd have to do this each loop iteration which seems horribly clunky.

I've attached some example code.

Thanks for any help!

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,153 Views)

In case anyone is curious I went ahead and attached a quick example code of how I set the channelnames to the waveform using a FOR loop.  It works but I was still hoping for a way to have the VI do it internally as this method seems a little clunky.

Message 2 of 3
(3,136 Views)

Did you ever figure out how to get CAN channel names and other waveform attribute info in the initialization phase of the code than having to do it manually using a for loop?

I am running in to the same issue but couldn't find anything on forums. I would have thought LabVIEW would have fixed it in their updated software. I am using LabVIEW 2020 and it's still the same.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,608 Views)