From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-XNET Bus Monitor doesn't detect port

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I havent tested that myself, but starting with XNET 14 it should be possible to use the bus monitor also for real-time systems.

Added support for Bus Monitor on Real-Time targets.

NI-XNET 14.1 Readme
http://download.ni.com/support/softlib//embedded%20networks/NI-XNET/Driver/NI-XNET%2014.1/readme.htm

Best regards

Christoph

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(539 Views)

I am having difficulty seeing my NI-XNET CAN Interface, and need assistance. I have followed the instructions given in the following link, but have not been successful:

Why Can't I See My NI-XNET CAN Interface on My Remote Target in Bus Monitor?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/92F10284E8061FB68625793600484D79?OpenDocument

I am using LabVIEW 2016 with a cRIO-9039 controller and a NI-9853 CAN module. I have Installed NI-CAN 16 and NI-XNET 16.1.0. Screenshots of NI-MAX and my project are attached.

I have tried using the example "NI-XNET CAN CompactRIO.lvproj", edited to use the NI-9853 CAN module instead of the NI-9862 CAN module. I have compiled and run a simple FPGA VI. The "XNET System" property node for "Devices" returns an empty array. So does "Interfaces (CAN)". The "Version" parameter returns a zero.

Putting an XNET Session into my project also shows the same problem. I am unable to select an Interface.

Any ideas on what may be wrong?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(342 Views)