LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-Visa Freezing Application

I created an exe using labview 2011 to comunicate through a USB to dh485 adapter. The driver is from FTDI its the newest version.

I am running windows 7 64 bit on my laptop. I can run the exe on my laptop with the adapter plugged in and never have an isuue. I've install the exe on an acer veritron running windows 7 64 bit, and installed NI-Visa 5.4. I can run the exe and it opens the comm port, starts communicating, reads the correct information for a few minutes and then freezes on a Visa read instruction. The application stops, no further loop interations occur.

I've installed the development software on this pc to try and figure out the problem. I just dont understand why the code halts at a VISA read on this pc only. The exact same code is from on my laptop and it works fine.

Any suggestion?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,390 Views)

Check the USB Power management options  Is the OS is shuting down power to the USB port after a period of inactivity? (Default setting)  you can change that from windows device manager

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,388 Views)

I had already gone through all the USB Root Hubs under device manager and unchecked "Allow thw computer to turn off this device to save power"

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,377 Views)

Hi Joe_John,

Have tou tried all the usb ports on the PC?  Typically, it is much better to use a port that's attached directly to the motherboard (in the back of the computer).  Also, are you using usb 2.0 or 3.0 ports?

Thanks!

Mason M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,348 Views)