LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-VISA control sekonic instrument

Dear all,

I wanto to control a color meter device (SEKONIC C-700) using Labview. The device is connected by USB to the PC. I was able to install the device, the device is read by the VISA and I run the VISA Interactive control.

When I go in the NI MAX, the device is recognized. I go to VISA interactive control and then I don't know how to communicate with the device, it is my first time that I try to control a device which has not already the VIs provided by the company. I guess I need a list of command and the seller should send me this, is it correct or I am not following the right procedure?

Thanks for your support

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,854 Views)
How is it recognized? Hopefully, you did not use the VISA Wizard and it's showing up as a com port.

Yes, you would need a list of commands.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,841 Views)

It is recognized as a RAW USB. I did use the VISA wizard for installation. Is it correct as recognized in the screenshot attached?

I will write to SEKONIC to have the command list

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,832 Views)
Issuing the VISA Wizard was a big mistake. The only time you should use that is if the vendor provided the very low level details of its USB protocol. What you did was break any software that came with the device. I would recommend you undo this. Perhaps they will provide this information. Otherwise, ask if they have an api for use with other software. If they don't provide an api or don't release RAW details, you are going to have a very difficult time.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,824 Views)

Ok, I unidid it. Although, I am not sure it was wrong: in the Visa Interactive control there was the possibility to chose from a list of i/o commands to send to the device. Perhaps the commands are already provided by the seller and I just need to know how the meaning of each command....

I asked SEKONIC what I can do to remote control the device and I'll see what they will say. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,799 Views)
You are provided with the standard USB functions but you have no idea which function to use or the data that must be sent. Please review basic USB communication.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,791 Views)