Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB 6210 driver for win 98

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a question.

I am using an old .vi made in LV 4.0.1 with DAQcard 700 + old laptop (256 MB RAM) + windows 98.

My intention is to change DAQcard 700 with NI -USB 6210. on the same platform. What version of DAQ driver should I install ?

I have already installed  vers. DAQ 6.9.3, but the drivers aren't install automatically for USB DAQ 6210. Neither in the list of supported cards, there is no USB card supported. Although, windows 98 screams for drivers.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,098 Views)

Hi dsaorin,

there are compatibility charts for LabVIEW vs. Windows and LabVIEW vs. DAQmx. And there are lists for support of certain devices vs. DAQmx versions.

Have you checked them?

Or just call your local NI support (or sales guy) and ask them those questions…

I would start by buying a modern PC with Win 7/64 bit. Then I would use a more recent LabVIEW version (like LV2014SP1) with the DAQmx driver for that LabVIEW version. Then everything should be up and running…

You don't want to stick with Win98 and LV4, don't you!?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,089 Views)

The combination of really old OS, LabVIEW 4.0.1 VI and old laptop really makes me think that it isn't going to work. The USB-6210 lists the operating systems it supports as 2000, XP, Win 7 etc. onwards so 98 isn't on the list. I suspect that the version of DAQ drivers you need to use that device probably isn't supported in Windows 98. I also wonder if you can even use the 6210 with Traditional DAQ and that you might need to upgrade the VI to use DAQmx instead (and therefore use a newer version of LabVIEW).

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,076 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dsasorin
It definitely will not work. The 6210 requires DAQmx and the first version of LabVIEW that supported DAQmx was version 7.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,050 Views)

... and the DAQmx version 7 does not support DAQcard 700. Uf...

I finally decided to let go with this.

I will continue to use the old system one mor time. For changing the system and platform I have to reconsider the vi from scratch.

Thank you for your answers.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,019 Views)