LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB 6009 OEM wireless

Hi,

I am trying to make a cheap wireless aquisition system (I need at least 1 x AI,  1 x DI, 1 x Trigg) @ 1kS/s.

My idea is to use the NI USB 6009 OEM board for aquisition and then convert USB signal to wireless (wi-fi) to connect OEM board to my laptop with Labview.

I attached a schematic.

My questions is:

1. Will it work ?

2. What should i use instead, if it's not working ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,448 Views)

Hi, I think that your solution, as is, cannot work only with an usb router on generation side connectet to USB 6009.

Who tells how data must be acquired from 6009? 

I would consider as necessary an additional PC with a LabVIEW Sw to collect data from 6009 and to pack it through wi-fi to the remote laptop, where another Labview application unpackets data.

To do this, you could use Network Streams or your could do your own transmission protocol over TCP/IP, if you want.

But the key is: who acquires data from 6009?

Another solution, more more expensive, could be to use the NI WSN or an acquisition system based on a NI cRIO ...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,424 Views)

Well, PC acquires data from 6009, but not directly.

I looked at NI WSN, but I want  Analog Input, Digital Input and Trigger  @ 1Ks/s.

I looked at cRIO ans sbRIO but consume much power (tens of Watts). I want to be power independently (with battery)

Is it possible to put something after USB 6009 OEM, to acquire wirellessly to a laptop ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,414 Views)

I think that a low-cost windows-based fanless pc (supplied at 12VDC) could do the work to interface your 6009 with wifi.

You could develop a startup labview executable application that collects data from your usb and forward data to your laptop through a wifi key..

The additional cost would be reasonablly low (100/200EUR).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,408 Views)

I doubt usb over wifi routers will work.

I think they do not "extend usb" (single link), but have all drivers to share standard equipment (flash drives, usb web cam, printers) over network. Obviously these USB over Wifi routers do not have DAQmx drivers installed.

Edit:

There are true USB extenders, like here: http://www.icron.com/products/icron-brand/usb-extenders/cat5/usb-2-0-ranger-2204/

USB extenders over ethernet cable are more available.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,388 Views)

Your plan is work, I believe./

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,797 Views)