LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI System Web Server service messing up IP Configuration default gateway

Solved!
Go to solution

My computer has been unable to access the internet and I traced it back to the NI System Web Server service inserting a default gateway of 0.0.0.0 into the Windows IP Configuration. If I disable the service in msconfig then clear the gateway and renew the ip address with the following commands 

route delete 0.0.0.0
ipconfig /renew 

my connection works correctly. Reenabling the Web Server service results in 0.0.0.0 being inserted on the next reboot, breaking my internet connection.

Does anyone know of a permanent fix besides disabling the service?

Running LabVIEW 2009 in Windows 7

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,679 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tebbe

Hi,

This is known issue and according to a KB from Microsoft it stems from Apple’s Bonjour service running on computers with Windows Vista or later.This issue is exposed by mDNS Responder Service, which is included in many NI drivers such as DAQmx, VISA, and IMAQ. mDNSResponder is a Bonjour system service that implements Multicast DNS Service Discovery for discovery of services on the local network. 

NI-VISA 5.0.2 contains a fix in mDNS Responder Service that resolves this issue. See (KB 54K8H3ON) for more details.

Sev K.
Senior Systems R&D Engineer | Wireless | CLA
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(2,656 Views)

Thanks Sev. I found the Microsoft KB article, but I guess I didn't use the right search terms on the NI site to find the mDNS article.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,642 Views)