LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI System Web Server Not Running repairs not fixing

I'm getting the NI System Web Server Not Running message when I try to run examples, etc.  Previous threads have suggested that performing a repair on the LabVIEW installation should fix this, but after two attempts, sitting here for quite a while feeding DVD's in, still it is giving me the same message. When I tryi to start it by hand, per the suggestion of one thread, I get the message, "Windows could not start the NI System Web Server service on Local Computer" "Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion."

I'm about to the point of deleting everything NI, which will be catastrophic as I have there versions (09, 11 and 12) installed, and start over, but I really rather not waste a whole day again, I'm already behind the curve here, work wise.

Thanks,

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(5,808 Views)

Hi,

when you say you are launching the server by hand do you mean from the Window service list?

According to Windows NI system Web Server depends on NI Service Locator:

is Service Locator up and running?

Marco

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(5,790 Views)

Putnam,

this is a known issue of LV 2013.

LV 2013f1 patch solves the issue. Read the ReadMe and look for CAR 415901.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 3 of 14
(5,782 Views)

Did a complete wipe of all of my NI "stuff", am reloading just the 2012 (I don't have time to start over and install '09 and '11 as well, guess I'll not be supporting our older stuff on this machine).

I'm pretty sure a 2013 patch won't help my 2012 issues! 😉   We were only allowed to migrate to 2012 this summer, don't have 2013 on anything yet.

I'll let you all know how the reinstall works out.

Putnam

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(5,768 Views)

Putnam, sorry I didn't see this thread until today, but in case anyone runs into this in the future, here are a few things to try.

Do you know which f patch you had installed on your 2012 installation? There is an issue a bit like this which can occur if you install/update the runtime engine multiple times while it is in use by another program. Do you have any background LabVIEW programs that might be using the RTE? 

The most common reason the system web server won't start is that the RTE is in a broken state and can't be launched. You can confirm this by testing other things that use the Runtime engine - the example finder won't launch, and LabVIEW- built applications won't run. If this is the case, you can typically fix this with a repair install (which you tried) or by installing a later update (eg installing the latest f patch).

Jeff Peacock 

Product Support Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(5,754 Views)

Thanks all, I don't have a fix to report other than I wiped all of the NI stuff, reinstalled LabVIEW 2012 and its support stuff, unfortunately I didn't have time to diagnose, and it because, have lost my 2009 and 2011 installs on this machine. Until I have enough time to uninstall all and reinstall in the correct order. Yeah, like that will happen!

Putnam

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(5,738 Views)

I'm running into this issue now after installing LV 2012 SP1.  I uninstalled LV 2012 SP1, but unfortunately my services are still broken.  I've repaired LV 2012 and it hasn't helped anything.  I'd rather not uninstall LV 2012, but it's looking like maybe I ought to.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(5,681 Views)

When you say your services are not working - are they shown in the services manager? Can you restart them from there? 

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(5,661 Views)

Services.png

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 9 of 14
(5,653 Views)

I've found documentation that suggests you may receive that error if your version of the Run-Time engine does not match the version of LabVIEW you are running. I would make sure that you have the correct Run-Time engine installed.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A30D52E46877EE7A8625778B000BAA30?OpenDocument

I've also found documentation for similar errors says that repairing the install should fix it. The following knowledgebase article suggests this except the service we are refering to was installed with LabVIEW and not Measurement and Automation Explorer.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A05913DE561AB739862579F7005C4F81?OpenDocument

I realize you already tried to repair the install. I am just not sure yet about what further steps to take at this point. Most of our department is out of office for the holidays. If you are still having this problem on Monday, I'd be happy to ask around further. 

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(5,651 Views)