From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-SYNC Minimal Installer

I have an app that has a few vi's from the NI-SYNC libraries for getting IEEE1588 GPS status.  In order to support this in a built application it appears that I need to include the entire NI-SYNC installation which is over 1G!.  It drags along with it everything but the kitchen sink.  I was wondering if there might be a minimal installation available that would not end up bloating my installer to such vast proportions.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,163 Views)

Sachsm,

In regards to including NI-SYNC in an installer to distribute, there aren't any other versions beyond the selectable one. There isn't a base version of the drivers for lowering the size of the installation. This is due to the need to ensure that the proper drivers are fully installed that allow NI-SYNC to run, so cutting away part of the installation segment to lower the disk size could cause the VIs and NI-SYNC drivers to not function on certain distribution environments. I haven't been able to find any minimal installers in this case.

Timothy S.
Senior Technical Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,142 Views)