LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-PAL service manager generate an error at the startup of the PC

When my laptop startu-up NI-PAL service manager generate an error. I have recently installed LV8 without uninstalling LV7. Somebody know something about this problem?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 26
(12,333 Views)

Hi,

On my PC I have the same error. I reported this to NI in The Netherlands and I am waiting for a response.

On my PC Sp.2 XP will installed shortly, maybe this will solve things.

I will keep you informed if necessary.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26
(12,317 Views)
I have XP pro SP2 and I also started seeing this after installing 8.0 on a computer with 7.0. I have seen some threads where they say to uninstall and reinstall, but since I have many things installed, and I don't know which to uninstall (maybe LV8?) doing that is much more annoying than that little error message, so for now I'm not doing anything about it.

(12,314 Views)
I am getting the same error.  Has anyone figured out the resolution?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26
(12,207 Views)
Well, on my PC the error disappeared after a while  Smiley Surprised   I don't know why and it stopped before SP2 was installed.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
(12,202 Views)
Generally the "NI-PAL service manager has encountered an error and needs to close" error occurs because of a bad installation or a corrupt file so unintalling and reinstalling normally fixes the problem.  The tougher question is what do you need to uninstall?  The best way to determine this is by clicking on the click here for more information link of the error message.

Once you have clicked on the link you should see the name of a DLL.  If you can tell me what DLL is causing the problem I should be able to tell you what product to uninstall.

Shawn B.
National Instruments
Use NI products on Linux? Come join the NI Linux Users Community
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(12,188 Views)
Hi,

I have the same problem. The files are "nipalsm.exe.mdmp", and "appcompat.txt", as you can see from the attached screen shot. Please tell me what to uninstall/reinstall.

Thanks!

Peter
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26
(12,162 Views)
Peter,

Unfortunately that isn't the information I need to see.  I have attached a screen shot which shows the window with the information needed.  Normally you will see the top window, and if you click on the "click here" link you will see the bottom window.  In my attached screen shot the szModName is NIMCInit.dll.  That really is the information I would need to tell you what product is causing the problem.

For example NIMCInit.dll is part of the NI-Motion driver, so you would uninstall/reinstall NI-Motion.  Or if you aren't using NI-Motion you could just uninstall it.

Shawn B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(12,148 Views)
Shawn,

My bad. Attached should be the info. you're looking for.

Peter
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26
(12,133 Views)
Peter,

No problem Smiley Happy  You'll notice your screen shot shows NIMCInit.dll just just like my example.  NIMCInit.dll belongs to NI-Motion, so try uninstalling and reinstalling NI-Motion.  If you are not using NI-Motion (You would know if you are) then you can just uninstall it.

Shawn B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26
(12,123 Views)