LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI MXS 14.0.1: Error 1921. Service 'NI Configuration Manager' (mxssvr) could not be stopped. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to stop system services.

Hi,

I know there are similar threads to the error 1921 but none including the process mxssvr (at least what I've found). I have already unsuccessfully tried to stop the service by executing the command "net stop mxssvr" in a command window. Furthermore the mxssrv-task is not visible in the list of active processes. So I don't know where to go from here. The issue arose as I tried to open an old vi which uses DAQ-vi:s to harvest data from a live object. It looked like the database for NI DAQmx was corrupt and the vi stopped responding. I tried to update the NI DAQmx to see if that would help and that is when I ran into this issue. I'm running LabVIEW 2011 32-bit version on a 64-bit Win7 computer and the version of NI DAQmx which I try to update to is 14.1. Don't ask me of the previous version of NI DAQmx since I removed it during the troubleshooting to see if it was disturbing the installation process in any way.

Kind regards,

Herman

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,251 Views)

P.S. ...and I'm logged in as admin on the computer so that shouldn't be the case...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,250 Views)

Sorry to hear about your problems. I had similar problems also; see http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/NI-MAX-Woes/m-p/2998531#M858967

In that thread Miro_T suggested generating a NI-MAX report. That was an extremely helpful hint. It showed errors with DAQmx. Luckily for me, at the moment, I do not need DAQmx and just unistalled it. However, when I do need it, I fear that I will have to wipe the system clean, reinstall windows, and all other things because when I reinstall/repair NI-DAQmx the error comes back. Something got currupted and is not getting fixed. Hopefully NI is aware of user reports and working on bug fixes.

Sorry I cannot help.

Regards,

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,231 Views)

Hi mcduff,

thanx for your answer and your thread to your issue-report. In your thread I found the suggestion to reset the configuration data. I did that and additionally installed DAQmx 14.2. It seems like it did the trick. After rebooting I had no issue with opening MAX and a VI which contains the DAQ-connection opens swiftly in LabVIEW. However, my measurement configuration is gone but luckily I've got a back-up for it so that shouldn't be an issue.

/Herman

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,195 Views)