LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-MAX doesn't show network devices

Hello,

I have two piece of equipment (rate table and oven) which are using network connection. I used a router to connect the equipment and the PC. By using DHCP, I got the IP address for PC (192.168.1.2) and rate table (192.168.1.3) and oven (192.168.1.4). From the computer, I can also ping those two equipment.

In the router web page I can see these equipment shown in the attached devices tab.

When I open NI-MAX, unfolder the devices and Interfaces. I don't see any equipment shown under "network devices". I tried to creat a new VISA TCP/iP resources using the IP address. Still doesn't work.

BTW, I did reinstalled the NI-VISA 14. Still no fix.

Appreciate any kindly help.

Regards,

David 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,873 Views)

@chyseu wrote:

Hello,

I have two piece of equipment (rate table and oven) which are using network connection. I used a router to connect the equipment and the PC. By using DHCP, I got the IP address for PC (192.168.1.2) and rate table (192.168.1.3) and oven (192.168.1.4). From the computer, I can also ping those two equipment.

In the router web page I can see these equipment shown in the attached devices tab.

When I open NI-MAX, unfolder the devices and Interfaces. I don't see any equipment shown under "network devices". I tried to creat a new VISA TCP/iP resources using the IP address. Still doesn't work.

BTW, I did reinstalled the NI-VISA 14. Still no fix.

Appreciate any kindly help.

Regards,

David 

First, I wouldn't be using DHCP. We don't.

Second, if these two pieces of test equipment don't support LXI, why would you expect them to show up in NI-MAX?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,865 Views)