From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI MAX Status Unknown and name entry box missing

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a bunch of instruments connected through a USB-GPIB. It was working fine. Several instruments went out to calibration but are now back. All of the aliases are gone. The alias visa names I use in my LV app can't connect. In MAX for an instruments setting the Name entry box is missing and the status is unknown. In the help pane Rename my resource is missing too. Oh IT mucked with stuff this weekend.

I can communicate with all the instruments

MAX Screen grab.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,329 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Viper

Hi Viper,

Do you have any information on what IT changed on your computer?  It's possible that NI MAX somehow got corrupted.  You could try repairing NI MAX using the instructions found at this link: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AC6ED75D3D93375686256E8E00245F0D

Message 2 of 4
(3,296 Views)

Who knows what IT did. We have two identical stations next to each other and the other one works fine. This problem cropped up and when NI Max lost the Name field so I updated NI Max from 5.4 to 14.1. It still has the same problem. I'll check out the link.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,289 Views)

Indeed removing the program and reinstalling fixed the issue.

Thanks,

Norm

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,271 Views)