LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI MAX Issues

Solved!
Go to solution

Thanks for the reply. I understand this is an old thread but it was the most related thread to my issue and it didn't have a direct solution to the actual issue.

I tried installing the patch 16.0.1 and still the problem persist. I use LabVIEW 2016 32 bit, VeriStand 2016 and PXIE-8135.

It worked fine for the first time after installing the patch 16.0.1 and resetting the NI MAX configuration data, but once I restarted the Laptop having the MAX it never worked again, always providing me the status as 'Inconsistent IP Settings'. From Web Configuration, I am able to see the status as 'Running'. I browsed a lot about this issue and tried the following options,

1) Reinstalling NI softwares - (NI System Configuration and its dependents)

2) Repaired the installation - NI System Configuration

3) Force Install NI System Configuration

4) Format PXIE-8135

5) Switching to Static from DHCP in PXIE and same in Laptop

6) Connecting PXIE to Laptop - one to one using LAN cross cable.

After disabling the Ethernet Port 2 and formatting the PXIE, am able to see only one Ethernet port in NI MAX under Network Settings as shown in the attached file. Can you help me to enable the second Ethernet port.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(676 Views)

Hey,

I'd try using the Troubleshoot Remote Discovery Tool in NI Max.  You can find it by clicking remote systems and looking next to Create New* button at the top middle of the window.  I run this to make sure that my security settings are setup correctly.  If you are having a firewall that is blocking some packets but not all of them then this will open them up for you.

Now, in regards to setting up the second ethernet port, are you saying every time you enable it this occurs?  I wonder if you are putting the two network ports on the same sub net.  I know this doesn't mention the RT PXI, but I think it makes some good points about setting up the second ethernet port.

How Do I Configure the Dual Ethernet Ports on Real-Time Controllers?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/67F94BB93BCE32CF86257367006B3659

Also, LAN cross cable?  Different way of saying Cross Over Cable?  Just wanted to clarify!

Bear

Notes for Branch AE:
Please reply to This Post within 24 hours
The US AE is expected to reply to all of your posts within 24 hours. Having this expectation will keep the escalation moving quickly and toward a fast resolution.

You can also use other communication channels: Phone, Skype, etc. to discuss the issue with the US AE. This can help with troubleshooting and quick diagnosis of the issue.

Click here to provide kudos for a post on this page
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(669 Views)

Hi,

Yes I tried Troubleshoot Remote Recovery Tool, it finds the PXIE but the status still remains as 'Inconsistent IP settings'.

Regarding the ethernet port, an not sure how to enable the second port in this scenario. In the target, after bootup i see the status of device 2 as 'disabled'. The issue is not regarding configuration but making the port enable as I am not even able to see the device 'eth1' under network settings.

Yes I meant cross over cable.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(664 Views)

Hi, 

Seems the issue is resolved. The reason for MAX to behave inappropriately was usage of a low power adapter for charging the laptop. Once I plugged high power adapter to the laptop, NI MAX started showing the status correctly and it also identified the other ethernet port.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(659 Views)