LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI License manager locks up

When checking the License server with NI License Manager, there appears to be no timeout built into this application, so if it cannot connect to the server for some reason, it justs sits there.............

Would it not be better if it had say a 30 second timeout so that it could report that it could not connect, rather than just sitting there?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,145 Views)

Dear Nigel,

I have not personaly experienced this but it is a timeout for this connection. Do you use a disconnected license you can go on and change the settings for this to avoid this lookup.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/1EF6B40293D502B586256DFE00599210?OpenDocument

Best regards

/Lars

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,068 Views)

I am using a Volume license server that is located in another continent, but within the corporate network.

If the connection cannot be made it just deems to wait forever and never times out.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,054 Views)

Dear Nigel,

Ok I see your point,  but unfortunately NI license daemon doesn't support the option to change this settings.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/DCB86508B3C2512A862572D5005D750F?OpenDocument

In your case, do you get this issue often and in that case can we try to work towards a workaround.   

Best regards
/Lars

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,045 Views)

It just appears that there is no connection timeout facility built into the License manager.

So a simple solution would be to add one say of 15-20 seconds and report that the connection could not be established.

At least then it could close gracefully rather than having to Kill it as I have to do now.

I know it s not a major issue, just an annoying one.....

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,040 Views)

Dear Nigel,

I see, I'm with you on this one.
I tried to find more information on why this timeout is set to be long as it is, but without luck. I believe though that the developers of the License manager have their reasons.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,016 Views)