LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Instrument Simulator Model No: 183913C-01

Solved!
Go to solution

After setting DIP switch 8 to off (Serial Mode), the "Listen" LED on the simulator is lit. I don't know if that is supposed to happen or not.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,185 Views)
According to the manual, it means it's waiting for a command.

A quick check can be done in MAX with the VISA test panel. Do a query of *IDN?\n. This should return the identification of the simulator. The \n is the required line feed terminator.
Message 12 of 17
(1,179 Views)

Yes Sir, it did. It displays "1: Write Operation (*IDN?\n)  Return Count: 6 bytes  2: Read Operation  Return Count: 7 bytes 00062\r\n". Thank you, this at least tells me they are talking.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,172 Views)
You should get a lot more than 7 bytes back according to the manual. Try different combinations of the term character such as \r or \r\n.
Message 14 of 17
(1,168 Views)

I querried several times rapidly and the Read Operation and the Return count goes from 7-62 bytes. Thats querrying as rapidly as I can, with my mouse.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,164 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ceilingwalker
The 62 bytes seems correct. It should return 'National Instruments ...' as shown in the manual. You should be okay to go. Quite frankly, I wouldn't bother with the GPIB emulation. Any instrument driver that uses VISA will work transparently with GPIB, USB, Ethernet, and serial. It is only serial that needs additional code to set the com port and termination characters. Look at your 34401 instrument driver to see how it's handled.
Message 16 of 17
(1,154 Views)

Thanks much for your support Dennis. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,145 Views)