LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-IMAQ for USB appears in Vision Assistant, but not LabVIEW

I have NI-IMAQ for USB available in Vision Assistant 7.1, but it does not appear in LabVIEW 8.0.   I installed the NI-IMAQ for USB after LabVIEW 7.1 and then later upgraded to LabVIEW 8.0.  I was working with the images from the USB (DirectX) camera in Vision Assistant, but when I went to acquire images in LabVIEW 7.1 (per the included documentation), they were not in the Functions->NI-Measurements->Vision (which is completely empty).  In LabVIEW 8.0, I could not find the camera under any catagory, nor could I use "Select a VI..." and find any VI's in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-IMAQ for USB.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,574 Views)

This maybe related to this link

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=158980

Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,561 Views)

Skeeter02,

It sounds like you need to reinstall your IMAQ for USB driver.  That should solve your problem.  I currently have the IMAQ USB driver working in LabVIEW 8.  If you did not install the IMAQ USB driver after installing LabVIEW 8 it will not work in LabVIEW 8.

I hope this helps,
Lorne Hengst
Application Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,547 Views)
Thanks for your responses,  here is how I solved the problem.
I uninstalled the NI-Vision Development System and NI-IMAQ for USB,  Then re-installed NI-Vision Development, re-installed NI-IMAQ for USB, and finally ran a program called VisUtil.exe.  This  made the USB camera appear in both LabVIEW 7.1 and 8.0.  The USB camera did not appear (under LabView 8.0->RightClick on Blockdiagram->Functions->Vision and Motion->USB) until after I had ran VisUtil.exe.  It may be significant that I uninstalled Vision Development Module 7.1 and re-installed 7.1.1.  The directions for this operation and a reference to VisUtil.exe are here http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=200&message.id=8372.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,540 Views)