cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI IMAQ Save Image with Number overlay

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I am saving an Image with IMAQ from camera when I click on Snab Button. I am using Edge algorithm to get the distance between two edge points. And I want to save that distance as an Overlay inside the Image.Is it possible!?. Or What is the other way to save that distance with Image itself.

Thanks in Advance:)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,552 Views)

Is merge overlay not working?

If it is not, probably you need to make a copy of the image for display, overlays, saving. It can happen that camera is writing to the same image in parallel and overwrites merged overlay with new image.

Also it is advised to post full vi, other parts can affect what is happening here - image is a reference.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,524 Views)

Hi Alexander,

Please find the attached VI file.  I am not able to connect IMAQ Merge Overlay with '(Double) Numeric Indicator'.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,511 Views)
Convert Distance(Dbl) to string and use IMAQ Overlay Text.vi
Thanks
uday
Message 4 of 7
(3,508 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nisargsolanki

Hi,

I am not a 100% sure what you want to do, but perhaps something like that will help you:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Programs/Overlay-Text-on-Image-using-Vision-Development-Module/ta-p/...

You can not just overlay texts, but also lines, points ....

Best regards,

Christoph

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
Message 5 of 7
(3,505 Views)

Thanks a lot Uday.. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,497 Views)

Thanks a lot Christoph.. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,496 Views)