LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Frame Grabber low frame rate

Dear forum members,

I am using a frame grabber NI PCIe-1433 together with Basler acA2040-180km. Theoretical frame rate for the camera is 180 FPS, where the theoretical data flow of the frame grabber is 850 MB/s.

I am aiming at (1024x1024) pixel/frame * 8 bits/pixel * 100 frame/second =~ 104.86 MB/second

When I try the given C example with the IMAQ driver of LLGrab.c, it calculates a frame rate of ~22 frames per second. I reach similar value while running the camera through MatLab's Image Acquisition toolbox.
Under the C driver the IMG_ATTR_MAX_FRAME_RATE or IMG_ATTR_FRAME_RATE are not available properties for that frame grabber.
Under NI MAX I get at the lower right corner:
Frames per second: 22,22(displayer, acquired)

So it looks like it is not transition problem from the card to the computer, but somehow the configuration is wrong for the image acquisition from the frame grabber.
I use the default file for the frame grabber, where I only substitute the dimension attributes.
Any idea of how can I increase the frame rate or how to control that value will be very helpful.

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,
go9kata

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,569 Views)
This is the LabVIEW board. I would suggest the Machine Vision board for help with your c code.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,555 Views)