LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Error Reporting Interface 15.0 error when creating a LabVIEW 2013 installer package.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am running Labview 2013 32 bit and have been since its release. It has been rock solid until now. 

I have read this thread http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/NI-Error-Reporting-Interface-15-0-error-when-creating-a-LabVIEW/td-p... that says solved, and I have tried all solutions therein. It does not work for me.

I can build applications (.exe) without problem, but when I try to build an installer, I get exactly the same thing as in the previous thread.

LabView2.jpg

Here are my software components 

LabView.jpg

Yes, I also have LV 2014, 2015, and 2016, but we are happy with 2013 and need continued support for the software we built, so we never started using the never LabView versions. We still do incremental updates to the projects we built in LV2013, so we need to be able to continue to build installers from LV2013

Any ideas? I need this to start working again yesterday.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,903 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ksnilt

In addition to the forum you linked we had a couple of people call in having the same problem around that time. If I remember correctly, the NI Error Reporting Interface is part of the crash reporting so it's included in most any additional installers that you add. From what we saw, the NI Error Reporting Interface seems to be a dependency that would normally be included but it incorrectly determined that 15.0 was the version required. The error also didn't seem to be tied to a specific project, just any installer built on that computer. Some things that you may be able to try are:

1. For the short term, you should still be able to build an installer without including any additional installers and manually push the drivers to the deployment computer (not great but gets stuff out the door).

2. You probably tried this, but if you delete your installer cache it will prompt you for the driver media next time you go to build an installer which may make it find the correct error reporting version.

3. These basically have the same effect but you could probably install the LabVIEW 2015 SP1 Run-Time Engine or copy C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\MDF\ProductCache\NI Error Reporting Interface 15.0 from another computer on to this one. Both basically have the effect of just giving LabVIEW what it's looking for.

One thing I do remember is that we were not able to reproduce this issue at NI. I did a lot of messing around with installing, uninstalling, and deleting things from my cache but nothing happened that was unexpected. If you remember, I would be interested in knowing when this started happening and if that was soon after installing something from the Update Service. If you remember around when this started happening you can generate a MAX Technical report to see what NI software was installed when.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/271F252B4EF0A2E0862570E70056A1E4

That's all I know but if you're still having problems let me know and I can ask the guy I was working with if anything else comes to mind. I can also probably send you my cached 15.0 error reporting interface if that helps at all (I'm sure one of my VMs has it).

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 2 of 7
(5,869 Views)

Hey 

Thanks for your input. This morning when I turned on my LabView computer, NI Update Service alerted me to say that several updates were pending. After updating everything, I can create installers again.

The only additional installer I use is the VISA package, and it was updated from 15.0.1 to 16.0.0. - I do not know if that was the cause, but based on your input, it could have been that my VISA package was somehow corrupt.

Thank you again

Best

Kristian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,854 Views)

Try to solve this issue all day long. Finally, I found the result. Just uninstall JKI that everything will be all right. The reason is that You update new JKI but use old version LabVIEW.  

Message 4 of 7
(4,716 Views)

@ChengYi wrote:

Try to solve this issue all day long. Finally, I found the result. Just uninstall JKI that everything will be all right. The reason is that You update new JKI but use old version LabVIEW.  

Yes i did. ^^

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,498 Views)

I hope this don't mean the target require LV2015RT?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,497 Views)

Here is a project that gives me the same error. It sends a network command to the command prompt, and parses it. I have uninstalled the VIPM prior to this attempt.

Building the exe seems to work fine, but building the installer causes the error. I've included a MAX report.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,652 Views)