LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Device Drivers 2016.08

I downloaded these yesterday (using the download manager), but when I try to unzip them, I get an error. Assuming a download problen, I retried the download with the same result. Has anyone else had this?

Thanks,

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,883 Views)
Can you specify what error you got?
-What is your PC OS version?
-Is this the first time you are installing or you had installed in this machine earlier?
-You can Verify Validity of My Downloaded Installation Files if the download is corrupt :http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/48ADD3EC8940ACE886257D7B0061F542
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,865 Views)

I'm pretty sure I did exactly this a month ago, with no problems.  Just as a test, I'm currently repeating it.  I just successfully downloaded the "Downloader", an Executable that downloads "NI Device Drivers August 2016" as a .zip file.  It has 52 minutes to go, so I'll have breakfast and come back and tell you if I was able to open the Zip file (I expect that the answer will be "Yes" -- I was clearly able to do this a month ago, so expect this time will work the same way).

Bob Schor 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,853 Views)

OK, I now have a file called DCD-Aug16.zip on my Desktop.  If I right-click it and say "Open with WinZip", it shows me two folders, DCD-Aug16-1 and DCD-Aug16-2, which mimics the two-DVD set that came with LabVIEW 2014.  Since WinZip is set as the program to open .Zip files, double-clicking the file produces the same result.  I'll note that when I did my download a month ago, the files that I unpacked resulted in a folder called DriverDVD, with two sub-folders called Vol1 and Vol2.

Just to be certain, I did a comparison of the two downloads.  They are substantially identical (the Creation Time for some of the folders differ by a few seconds), the .XML file that I think describes the Distribution differs slightly, and the files I just downloaded have a pair of AutoRun files added (I think my August download was intended to be a "single volume Install" -- the single Setup.exe includes not only LabVIEW and Toolkits, but also Drivers, all without "changing disks").

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,844 Views)

Thanks for taking the trouble. I did this yesterday on a PC running Win7x64. Just now I downloaded again to a PC running Win 8.1x64. This time I had no issues extracting to the same USB stick. It seems that further investigation is nesessary regarding the original PC, but for now my problem is solved somehow.

If I ever find out what the original problem was, I'll report back here. It does seem PC/OS related on the face of it.

Thanks again,

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,811 Views)
Windows file explorer "peeks" into .zip files. It will even allow you to open files from inside a .zip. But, to run the device driver installer you have to extract the files first.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,800 Views)

Yes, I was extracting them to my USB stick.

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,796 Views)

Hi everyone,

It is impossible de find a valid link for downloading device drivers 2016.08.

At this below link :

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-device-drivers-august-2016/6262/en/

No link allowing to download appears...

What happen to National Instrument download links ?

Best Regards,

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,606 Views)

Do you have a valid SSP linked to your account ? 

The Link you gave works perfect for my, I get the option to download a large ZIP file.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,597 Views)

I guess it was a bug since the link reappears this morning..

Thank you !

BR,

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,593 Views)