LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DAQmx dl and win32 error

Hi there,

I've got labview 2016 and no DAQmx function installed. I tried to download the versoin 16.0 & 16.1 from here (http://www.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/sn/catnav:du,n8:3478.41.181.5495,s...) but I get [...] is not a valid win32 application when I try to run it.

any idea  ? 😞

flo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,687 Views)

timedout for editing on the previous post: my OS is windows 7 enterprise 64 bits

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,664 Views)

I assume you have 32 bit LabVIEW. If so, install also the 32 bit DAQmx driver, not the x64 version.

edit: usually you should use LabVIEW 32 bit version. The LV x64 is special, you do not need it unless you must address very large memory spaces in you applications. Besides, many toolkits/addons are not supported under LV x64...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,652 Views)

Hi Flo-w,

Am I correct in understanding that you get “is not a valid win32 application” when you try to run the DAQmx installer?

If so, I recommend downloading DAQmx again using the following link:

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-16.0.1/6471/en/

Use the NI Downloader to download it.

I have seen another instance of someone getting the same error when installing DAQmx drivers, in that case it was because the driver wasn’t properly downloaded due to a bad network connection. If you get the same error after downloading this driver again, I would recommend downloading the driver on a different network and transferring it by USB to your computer.

As Blokk said, make sure to install the 32 and 64 bit version.

Please let us know how you get on with this.

Kind regards,

Hakon,
Applications Engineer,
National Instruments, UK
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,629 Views)

Thank you guys for your help.

Turns out my file wasn't complete (~1Gb instead of the 1.8). Saving the file in another harddrive solved my problem!

Flo

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,626 Views)