Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Cable

Hi Everyone,

I there a difference between the following two cables:

1. SHC68-68-RMIO

2. SHC68-68-EPM

If I have R-series DAQ device, is it possble to use the second cable instead of the first one? Any suggestion and advice will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Opuk

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,475 Views)

Hi Opuk,

why don't you call your local NI support? They should have an anwser to your question…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,432 Views)

Most likely there is. Not in the connectors itself but in the cable construction internally. Those cables are not simply 68 wires connecting the corresponding pins. They are rather build up with various cable combinations internally, such as twisted and/or shielded cables. The selection of which wires need to be twisted together or shielded is depending on the function of the individual signals. And that is why there are different cables for different devices, despite that the connectors are the same on both ends.

So as far as DC is concerned the cables are most likely the same, but as soon as you want to use them to send time variable signals (AC) over them they are anything but the same. It can make the difference between a properly working system and one which causes all kinds of interruptions and signal corruptions because of crosstalk and wires which are not impedance matched to the source and load.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 3 of 7
(3,414 Views)

Thank you so much for the insight Rolfk. I am very grateful for the information. GerdW, the last time I sent them and email they did not respond.

Kind Regards,

Opuk

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,394 Views)

Hi Opuk,

I usually call them (by phone!) - and they answer immediatly…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,379 Views)

Helo GerdW,

I will do that. Thank you so much for the advise.

Kind Regards,

Opuk

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,371 Views)

@Opuk wrote:

Thank you so much for the insight Rolfk. I am very grateful for the information. GerdW, the last time I sent them and email they did not respond.

Kind Regards,

Opuk

Again,  What happened to the "Call Me Now!" buttons?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,350 Views)