LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9853

Hello All.

I am using a cRIO 9002 with a 9853 CAN card and I am trying to gateway all of the messages coming in on CAN0 to CAN1. I am able to get the all of the messages transmitted but the timing integrity is lost. For example a messages comes in on CAN0 every 100ms and it gets sent out on CAN1 with a timing interval anywhere from 5ms to 200ms. How can I correct this issue?

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,169 Views)

Hi Andrew,

First, I would recommend posting this to the correct forum:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Automotive-and-Embedded-Networks/bd-p/30

Based on what you are describing, it sounds like you are polling one port for messages and then sending messages out the other port when messages are detected. 

The timing is going to depend on how you have your detection while loop configured - how often is it checking the bus for new messages? How are those messages then sent out on the other port? Is it in the same loop, or is the frame sent to a queue for output? Screenshots of code and more explanation of the timing you are experiencing and the timing desired would be helpful.

What is your application? Are you trying to cut down latency or preserve the the spacing of the messages?

Joey S.
Senior Product Manager, Software
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,135 Views)