From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9514 Force Control

I am new to motion control in labVIEW. I have Voice coil actuator I am trying to control using a load sensor as an analogue feedback. 

And this thread:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Closed-loop-control-in-force-How-to/td-p/1449700

I have tried to follow what this person did in their example. But I could not get it to run due to issues with configuring the FPGA reference for the NI 9237. So I modified the approach slightly with two FPGA vi's one filling the data buffer and one for the servo interface but I still modified the PID input to use the analogue input and not the encoder. I get the -63195 error when I run the RT code. 

I attached my code for reference. 

Has anyone gotten an application like this to work? Or is there a simple way to perform open loop control with the NI 9514? From what I have read it didn't look like the NI 9514 is readily setup for open loop control.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,397 Views)

Hi trevorlujan, have you seen this KB yet? 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/CB82AC9CBC6C3F2386257241007A06EF

Angela L.

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,335 Views)

Yes I have checked that setting as well as the changing the LabVIEW.ini file and reloading LabVIEW. 

If I didn't mention I am working in LabVIEW 2013 currently.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,324 Views)

What were the FPGA errors you were running into when trying to configure the FPGA reference for the NI 9237? 

Angela L. 

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,306 Views)

None the FPGA reference compiled the only error I got was the one I mentioned previously. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,292 Views)

Is there a way to directly control the voltage output from the NI 9514?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,286 Views)

It is possible, but not recommended because you will have to bypass the SoftMotion position loop. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,266 Views)

Is there any documentation on writing custom control loops for the NI 9514?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,263 Views)

Hi trevorlujan,

Please check your inbox - I just sent you a direct message. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,259 Views)