LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9514 Force Control

I am new to motion control in labVIEW. I have Voice coil actuator I am trying to control using a load sensor as an analogue feedback. 

And this thread:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Closed-loop-control-in-force-How-to/td-p/1449700

I have tried to follow what this person did in their example. But I could not get it to run due to issues with configuring the FPGA reference for the NI 9237. So I modified the approach slightly with two FPGA vi's one filling the data buffer and one for the servo interface but I still modified the PID input to use the analogue input and not the encoder. I get the -63195 error when I run the RT code. 

I attached my code for reference. 

Has anyone gotten an application like this to work? Or is there a simple way to perform open loop control with the NI 9514? From what I have read it didn't look like the NI 9514 is readily setup for open loop control.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,404 Views)

Hi trevorlujan, have you seen this KB yet? 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/CB82AC9CBC6C3F2386257241007A06EF

Angela L.

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,342 Views)

Yes I have checked that setting as well as the changing the LabVIEW.ini file and reloading LabVIEW. 

If I didn't mention I am working in LabVIEW 2013 currently.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,331 Views)

What were the FPGA errors you were running into when trying to configure the FPGA reference for the NI 9237? 

Angela L. 

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,313 Views)

None the FPGA reference compiled the only error I got was the one I mentioned previously. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,299 Views)

Is there a way to directly control the voltage output from the NI 9514?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,293 Views)

It is possible, but not recommended because you will have to bypass the SoftMotion position loop. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,273 Views)

Is there any documentation on writing custom control loops for the NI 9514?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,270 Views)

Hi trevorlujan,

Please check your inbox - I just sent you a direct message. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,266 Views)