LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9219

Solved!
Go to solution

I need to connect the two wired rtd to NI 9219 i had the circuit diagram in but is this layout is is applicable for every channel. i.e all channels 1,2,3, 4 are same

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,500 Views)

So exactly what is your question?  Are you having a hard time understanding that wiring diagram?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,463 Views)

can i use thermistor of 1k or 5k ohm in any channel of ni 9219 in order to measure the resistance

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,464 Views)

According to http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374473f.pdf it can handle 2-wire resistance measurements.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,452 Views)

Your posts are just confusing. First you talked about RTD. Then in the second post about thermistors. So actually what do you want to connect? A thermistor is not an RTD.

If you have a thermistor you could directly measure its resistivity using the "2-wire resistivity" wiring diagram. Of course, you need to apply the thermistor formula to get the temperature from the measured resistance. If you need better accuracy, you should use a bridge connection.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,450 Views)

yes, tell me to what pins should i connect my 2 WIRE RTD. You can have the circuit diagram in attachments .my doubt is what are the pin numbers of EX+ ,HI ,LO ,EX-

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,352 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sandy10

Table 1 on page 12 of the pdf RavensFan linked shows what the pins are for each configuration. How are you currently connecting it?

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,338 Views)