LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 5412 and NI TB-2708 Programming FLow

Hi,

I am new to LabVIEW and currently I want to use a waveform generator (5412) and a terminal block (TB-2708) on PXI to generate a signal and receive signal data, respectively.  I looked some examples and found both of them need a series of blocks to define and set the waveform generator and the terminal block but I do not understand the meaning of each block and in each example, the programming flow looked different.  Sometimes the flow includes one block which does not appear in the other example.

Does anyone know what are the programming flows for these two devices?  Which example is the most representative one?  Or, where can I find a document or video to teach me how to use these devices?  Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,471 Views)

This appears to be a very old device -- the only information I could find on the Web talked about using Traditional DAQ to program it.  I don't know what manuals or software you have available -- does this device (the NI 5412) show up in MAX?  If your only tool is Traditional DAQ, and not DAQmx or one of the more modern Toolkits, you may (seriously) want to consider doing whatever you need to do with other hardware ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,407 Views)

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your help!

NI 5412 is a 100 MS/s arbitrary waveform generator while NI TB-2708 is a DAQ.  I think I can use LabVIEW to program both of them.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,397 Views)