From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-488: Nonexistent GPIB interface.

Hi,

I am new to LabVIEW . I have installed a 2016 version of LabVIEW and tried to launch my programm and got the following error:

Error 7 occurred at Open File+.vi:Open File

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: File not found. The file might be in a different location or deleted. Use the command prompt or the file explorer to verify that the path is correct.
=========================
NI-488: Nonexistent GPIB interface.

I should note that my computer is not connected to any data aquisition system.

May be that is what causing the error or maybe there is a different problem?

My program's inputs are: temperature (thermocouple) and displacement (LVDT). Should I configure them somehow in the MAX?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,793 Views)

You got error 7.  That dialog box shows you there are two possible sources of the error.  Because GPIB errors share some of the same error numbers as other LabVIEW errors, it can be confusing.  That second error listed probably does not apply to you (nor 95% of users) if you aren't doing anything with a GPIB interface.

So only look at the first message which is "File not Found".  Since you haven't posted any code, we can't help you figure that out.  But look in your code for where this is occurring.  Look for any functions that are trying to open a file.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,788 Views)