cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET 4 dll not loaded LabVIEW2012

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to start an exe built form LabVIEW2012 but when starting it it prompts for several dlls?

I observe that even System.Windows.Forms.dll is requested when launching the exe.

And actually when I point a dll from "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\System.Windows.Forms.dll" it’s loaded properly but when I try "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\System.Windows.Forms.dll" instead I get the same error message than with “Renci.SshNet.dll” (can't load...).

It seems that “Renci.SshNet.dll” requires .NET 4.

I tried forcing v4 using the advices here : http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvhowto/configuring_clr_version/

But no change.

I'd be very grateful if someone could help me to workaround this blocking issue.

BR,

Bim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,615 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bim4

@bim4 wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to start an exe built form LabVIEW2012 but when starting it it prompts for several dlls?

I observe that even System.Windows.Forms.dll is requested when launching the exe.

And actually when I point a dll from "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\System.Windows.Forms.dll" it’s loaded properly but when I try "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\System.Windows.Forms.dll" instead I get the same error message than with “Renci.SshNet.dll” (can't load...).

It seems that “Renci.SshNet.dll” requires .NET 4.

I tried forcing v4 using the advices here : http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvhowto/configuring_clr_version/

But no change.

I'd be very grateful if someone could help me to workaround this blocking issue.

BR,

Bim

Dumb question but presumably you created a config file named after your executable, not LabVIEW.exe? The instructions you mention describe how to enable CLR 4 for the development environment but the same process applies to exes you create, just a different executable name.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,604 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bim4

Hi,

This is it! I've just added the .config file with the name of my new exe and all DLLs are loaded properly.

Thank you very much for this simple but fruitful feedback!

BR,

Bim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,567 Views)