LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N3300A Driver for LabVIEW 7.0

I am in a bit of a problem here. I need the drivers for an electronic load model number N3300A by Agilent Techonologies.
However, the one on this site only provides the driver for LabVIEW version 7.1.

I am currently using LabVIEW 7.0. Are there any drivers for this version of LabVIEW for the N3300A?

Thanks in advance for any help given in this matter.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,412 Views)
Since this is an IVI driver, you can create the LabVIEW driver yourself. Download the CVI version and then from your Tools menu, run Instrumentation>Import CVI Instrument Driver. You will need to point to the .fp and .dll files that are downloaded. Theses will be in your \vxipnp\winnt\N3300A and \vxipnp\winnt\bin folders.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,401 Views)
Thank you for the help Dennis. One more question I would like to ask though.
By using the method you mentioned, would the converted driver be lacking in functions as compared to the IVI version (the driver for LabVIEW version 7.1)?
Or are there no noticable differences?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,392 Views)
There are no differences at all since the 7.1 version was created in exactly the same manner.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,390 Views)
I'm using LabView 7.1 but I have another problem with this equipment. My problem is that if the current is under 12 amps, everything is okay. But is the current is higher than 12, then there will be an error message and the current drop to zero. There is a Measurement Type setting deep in a subVI as an constant in the downloaded VI. I tried to make it into a control and change the value, it doesn't help. Any one can provide some help. Thanks in advance. Guangde Wang
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,347 Views)
guang:

Please post the subVI you are referring so that we can take a look at it and help you.
Thanks,

Rudi N.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,322 Views)
Rudi N,

Thank you for your response. The VI can be found by searching the entire NI website for N3300A. Then you will have the result page with the only result: agilent - N3300A. Click into it and scroll down, click Download agn330xa_LV71  you will get the VI.  I  got a call yesterday from NI tech support telling me that this VI can only go up to 12 amps. He has asked around and seems no one can do anything to it because it used a lot of Call Library Function Nodes and no one can do anything to the DLLs. I'll be very grateful if you can help look into it. There is a constant deep in a subVI that set Range Type. It looks like the one to set the equipment to higher range but no matter how we set it, nothing changes.

Best Regards,

Guangde Wang
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,313 Views)
But what is the name of the subVI? I think everyone knows the name of the driver itself. Also, which model load mdoule do you have?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,310 Views)
The VI I used is agn330xa Getting Started, I used it as a subVI in my main program. Under this VI, there is subVI called agn330xa Application Example. Under the agn330xa Application Example, there is agn330xa Read Measuement, that's where is Measurement Type ( I mistakenly called it Range Type) setting is located. My equipment is N3300A as the main frame and there module I used is N3306A. My problem is that this VI can only run the current up to 12 amps. It means the equipment is set at the lower current range. If I increase the current higher than 12 amps, then an error occured and the equipment reset the current to zero. What I need is to figure out how to set the current range to higher level.

Guangde Wang
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,307 Views)
Hello Guangde Wang,

have you tried to program your own driver vi's? At the Agilent webpage you will find a good structured manual explaining all the needed commands.
They even use the SCPI standard...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,301 Views)