cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyRIO FPGA interface error

Hi all,

I am getting an error (

FPGA interf Error.JPG).

I have no idea why this is happening, please help.

I have attached the VIs and the project in a zip file.

Please take a look at my project and tell me how I can resolve this.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,833 Views)

Could you please upload the project for LV14?

Thanks,

Arev

CTO | RAFA Solutions

Certified-LabVIEW-Embedded-Systems-Developer_rgb.jpgCertified-LabVIEW-Architect_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,798 Views)

Yes, here you go, file attached for v2012.

BTW, this is what the error looks more like.

Err2.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,790 Views)

Thank you for the conversion.

The error appears as you are creating new FPGA VI reference, before closing the previously opened one.

The first Open FPGA VI Reference VI calls some custom FPGA VI. After, in the while loop you are calling Accelerometer VI, which calls internally another FPGA VI Reference (FPGA VI included in the myRIO package).

You should implement Accelerometer FPGA functionality in your custom FPGA code, to have functionality combined and use single FPGA VI.

Thanks,

Arev

CTO | RAFA Solutions

Certified-LabVIEW-Embedded-Systems-Developer_rgb.jpgCertified-LabVIEW-Architect_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,773 Views)

Hi arev,

Thanks for your reply.

I think you are mistaken, I am calling only one VI reference.

The main VI is on the RT, while the reference in it is to an FPGA VI.

I have attached another VI (for the FPGA Target), it is somewhat the same thing, w/o the accelerometer part. Try it, it works.

It is a puzzling situation, as I am somewhat implementing the same thing in both places.

Thanks,

Shlok

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,757 Views)

Hi Shlok,

For sure the new VI will work, as here you are opening only one FPGA VI reference.

But in the previous VI you are using Accelerometer VI. If you will open it, you will see it is opening FPGA VI Reference. It is using the FPGA VI, which you can find for example by creating project from template. If you will create new project from Create Project -> Templates -> myRIO and select myRIO Custom FPGA Project, you will find FPGA Main Default.vi inside. 

Actually you only need to implement FPGA functinality for the accelerometer in the same FPGA VI, which you are using for the LEDs.

Accelerometer.PNG

Thanks,

Arev

CTO | RAFA Solutions

Message 6 of 9
(3,742 Views)

One more note. You are calling Multi-LED Brightness.vi in the "Open FPGA VI Reference" VI, which includes only LED outputs.

If assuming Accelerometer VI is not calling any FPGA reference, it means you will never get accelerometer data, as in the FPGA accelerometer IOs are missing.

Thanks,

Arev

CTO | RAFA Solutions

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,725 Views)

Isn't there any way to get accelerometer data without the FPGA?

Thanks,

Shlok

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,683 Views)

No, you need to get data on the FPGA and pass to RT.

Actually all you need is to add the part I have shown previosly.

Thanks,

Arev

CTO | RAFA Solutions

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,670 Views)