From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My front panel blanks while I use the panel bounds property

Solved!
Go to solution
When I execute the PanelBounds property of the front panel, the panel seems to blank for a brief moment allowing me to see the desktop and then reappears.  I am wondering how to prevent this behavior or approach the problem in a different way.  Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,633 Views)

Hey,

What version of LabVIEW do you have? Can you post the code? I will see if I can reproduce this.

Regards,
Claire Reid
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,608 Views)

Here is a demo version that demonstrates my issue.

Open the dummy user interface (UI.vi) and the main program (Main.vi).  Run Main.vi.  See how the UI flashes when changing areas of interest.  I can see the desktop during the transition since the front panel blanks.

Tip:  Close the front panel with Alt-F4 since it will be full screen.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,567 Views)

Hey kc64,

This looks like a possible bug. I am trying to narrow down the code so I can submit it to R&D.

Regards,
Claire Reid
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,549 Views)
Any update on this issue?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,504 Views)

Hi KC64,

I have filed a CAR to R&D for this issue. The CAR number is 176286. I will let you know if they have any suggestions for work arounds. You can also check future releases to see if this issue has been fixed. This would show up in the "bug fixes" section, under the CAR number.

Regards,
Claire Reid
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,494 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kc64
Instead of using the Panel Size, try using the Pane Origin.  It effetcively does what you are doing and does not cause the screen to flash.  I modified your demo to show this.  Note, I didn't properly close all references in your modify code, which you will want to do.
Message 7 of 8
(3,470 Views)

Thanks, Matt!

This worked great.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,453 Views)