LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My computer hangs when I use help menu command

Is there a problem with the LabView help command when help is launched from a dialog box? My computer will hang when I do this and I must reboot to recover. I can't access any other program, including task manager.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,500 Views)
Hi,

How exactly are you launching the LabVIEW help?  Furthermore, is there a .cpp error associated when trying to open up the help file?  Are you able to open up the help file directly through windows explorer by going to: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.2\help  >>lvhelp.chm

I hope this helps

Regards,

Nadim
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,484 Views)

It seems help will open properly if I select "Search the LabView help" from the main menu and I do not have "show Context help" running.

My computer will "lock-up" If I have Context help open and I select "Detailed help" or if I right click on a symbol and select help.

The help screen will open a new window and start to run and then it will hang.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,472 Views)
Hi,

What version of Windows do you have?  Furthermore, what version of LabVIEW do you have?  Have you tried repairing LabVIEW?

Regards,

Nadim
Applications Engineering
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,456 Views)
My computer is running Windows XP with service pack 2. The problem may have started after installing service pack 2 as I don't remember having this problem prior to then. I have upgraded to the latest version of LabView 8.2 without any change in this problem.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,443 Views)