LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My block diagram spreads out when I use clean up.

I can't get my diagram to shrink down.  When I try to use the clean up it spreads things out and the only way to get them to go close is to select sections of the diagram and clean them individually.

If I clean one case or section then "Exclude" it I can do this for only a few steps then the spread gets even worse like it is trying to compensate for not being able to adjust the portions that are excluded.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,287 Views)

Were you under the impression that the clean up function was supposed to tighly pack code?  It doesn't work this way and depending on the code that is trying to be cleaned up it may get smaller or bigger.  It will likely do things on larger applications that can't be predicted (except maybe by people at NI) and for that reason I avoid it other then for small test VIs, or some times just cleaning up a selection of code.

To make code take up less space you have to move things manually.  

Message 2 of 5
(2,268 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

Or even better, don't let it get sprawled out in the first place. Smiley Wink

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,246 Views)

@NIquist wrote:

@Hooovahh wrote:

Or even better, don't let it get sprawled out in the first place. Smiley Wink

Yeah this is true.  But beginners have a tough time with this.  I've seen some very large applications, and none of them needed a block diagram to scroll in any direction, on any VI.  Things get encapsulated and there isn't really a need for a large block diagram.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,235 Views)

!2.png

Since a picture is worth 1000 words.

This is how I set up ctrl+U options (Tools>>Options)  Play with them yourself to tweak it however you want.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,219 Views)