LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My aplication won't run if debugging is not allowed

I am using Labview 1011

I have one application with debugging not allowed in the file settings, it won't run and I have to use task manager to stop it.

this is only with the Application Builder. And my other applications do not have this problem. What can I look for?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,178 Views)

Well it might be helpful to know what you've already tried; what makes you think that the debugging setting is what is causing your issue? Does the program execute as expected in the development environment? (ie, not as an executable) Does the executable work when debugging is allowed? Just because you can't get a program to respond to the user interface doesn't explicitly mean that it isn't executing; it could be stuck in a loop. Are you using the Current VI Path constant within your program? This will return a slightly different path from the development environment than when in an executable (see the link for more detail). 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/FD7DE8BC8FFC256C862565F4006BE363

Providing more information should help someone to point you in the right direction.

Tessa

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,173 Views)

the debugging switch is the only option that will stop or allow the application to work.

All is normal in the development zone. if debugging is allowed the application works fine.

I have placed case indicators error indicators on the front panel from the first case and they never get touched. the application doesn't even start.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,170 Views)

Does the application work in the development environment if you disable debugging for all VIs?

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,149 Views)

Great Question. 

The main Vi stopped working with debugging disabled.

what should I look for and how?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,134 Views)

Thanks for the Question and help

I had a race condition with the case varaiable or the program didn't know which case variable to read.

will try the Application now.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,127 Views)