LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My UI

Last discussion I have posted is asking for some resource about Measurement & Control UI design. some friends gave me very helpful advise. Thank you for all of you.  After working on the redesign of my UI. It has been looks like this(see picture). Of course, It's far behind my satisfaction. So my dear friends can you give me some advise about my work.  Also, I need more resource about the UI design. I haven't learned enough knowledge about this field. So ,If you know good resource which you think may help me, please recommend to me. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,887 Views)

That UI looks a lot better than most.  You should have a UI that has your audience in mind.  Without knowing more details about who the intended users of the system are, it is hard to say how appropriate that UI is.  Also it is just a static image it is hard to say what other interactions the user can do while it is running.  Are there right click options?  Run-Time menus?  Drag and drop?  I'd say a user experience is just as important as a user interface.

Message 2 of 6
(2,871 Views)

Hi carrot,

beside some annoying misalignments: did you ask your users?

What do they wish for the UI? Are there any requests regarding graphics?

Personal opinion:

- don't mix too many fonts (size, font type, font style)…

- align controls and make them same width/height

- use system controls to have the user operate with UI elements he is used to from other programs…

- I prefer less charts with more than one plot per chart…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 3 of 6
(2,863 Views)

I agree that it's really up to your end-users but I would suggest you break up all that white on white.  At least give the white buttons some shading so they don't get lost on your tabs (and don't forget you can "allow multiple colors" on your tab control).  

I like the lightbulbs.  Smiley Happy

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 4 of 6
(2,842 Views)

Thank you for your excellent advises.   This is my first time to program a system using LV. I programming this system now just for a research supported by a  Foundation,  but I will bring this into production someday in the future.   If you have any advise, please let me know with no hesitate

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,760 Views)

I agree with most of what's already said. As an additional note i prefer the Silver or system Stop buttons, the small red square is enough to be clearly visible and a well known symbol from most CD-players and the like.

Is the DAQ setting supposed to be changed often or during the test, or is it a pre-test setting? If it's the latter i'd put it in a tab of it's own.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,732 Views)