LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Remote Front Panel only works with computers on my local network!?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to build a website using Remote Front Panel, and Web Publishing tool.  When ever I use the web publishing tool it gives me a url in this format.

http://Computer-Name.Corporate-Name.local:8086/VI-Name.html

http://byengpc11-14-12.teamcorp.local:8086/123.html

This URL dose not work on any computer that is not connected to my local net work.  My IT guy said I need to use HTTP Ports 8084-8088 because the others are in use.  Could that be my problem?  Also I have no idea what to do with "configure web applications server".

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,389 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chon.Mech

Obviously, you have a local DNS server and your URL has no meaning from the public. Let's assume you have a public IP address and the corporate firewall actually allows new connections from the outside to these ports, so try to access it via the IP address.

In addition, your computer  firewall might only allow local incoming connections. 

Message 2 of 8
(3,383 Views)

Dose that mean I have to change the settings on the corporate firewall?  Or are you saying I need to host from another computer, something outside of the local DNS?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,380 Views)

You simply need to troubleshoot.

1. What is the IP address? Is it public or one in a designated private range?
  2. If it is public, can you ping it from the outside?
  3. Can you reach your panel via IP address as suggested?
  4. ... Let's continue once we've tried the above.
Message 4 of 8
(3,375 Views)

Also, what is the error you are getting. Not found, refused, timeout, etc

Message 5 of 8
(3,369 Views)

(duplicate post due to malfunction)

Message 6 of 8
(3,369 Views)

According to Google my IP address is XXX.XX.XXX.XX.  I don't know what it means to be in a "designated private range".  I have a veg idea of what a ping is, but I don't know how to "do a ping" so to say.  I'm just an electrical engineer, so a lot of this networking stuff is just outside of what I'm use to working with.  Attached is the error I get when I try to access the panel from labview's "Operate >> Connect to Remote Panel".

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,365 Views)

It is impossible to tell at which point of the transmissions the connection attempt gets rejected.

It coud be at the corporate firewall or at your computer. I would say you should talk once more to your IT guy. (See also)

Clearly most outside access is blocked ( I cannot succesfully ping or tracert to that IP address).

(designated private IP addresses are used by private networks behind NAT and have no meaning on the outside. Apparently, you have a public IP address, so this is not an issue.)

Message 8 of 8
(3,345 Views)