From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Labview Report generator is not working with 2013 excel version

Hi All,

My report generator tool kit which was developpend using labview 2011 was workign with excel 2010...after that i installed 2013 excel and the code is not working..

Do i need to enable some setting to work with excel 2013.

Basically this generator tool will copy the charts from excel and paste in power point...Please let me know.

Thanks,

Hareesh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,717 Views)

Office 2013 is not supported according to this table: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C9408B9F08D711E786256F3300701D01

Only the 2014 version of the report generation toolkit supports Office 2013. You'll need to either install an older version of Office or upgrade the application to LabVIEW 2014.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 2 of 4
(2,707 Views)

Thanks,

Sorry, i said reprot generator tool kit, but it is not the one, my GUI name was report generator tool, i used write and read from excel functions and did the coding. the same GUI is workign when i wated to read the charts from 2010 excel and plot in 2010 ppt, once i upgrade the office to 2013 the gui is not working....i reverted back the excel version to 2010 and it is working fine, but eventually i should migrate to 2013...Please suggest some idea to make this code work for 2013 aswell.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,689 Views)

Ah, I understand now - I had assumed you were using the NI Toolkit.

If you're not using the report generation toolkit, did you write your own VIs for communicating with Office or are you using a different toolkit? If you're using ActiveX to communicate with Office it may be that the ActiveX API has changed for Office 2013 - you will probably need to modify your program for the new calls.

Since it wasn't as obvious as I thought with the report generation toolkit, it would help if you posted some code to try and understand what might be happening. Are you getting any errors in your application when you try to use Office 2013?

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,677 Views)