LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My LabVIEW-WinAPI Fails

@bienieck wrote:

I've never used .NET assemblies and even don't know how it actually works...

All you have to do is Google.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-5921

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(978 Views)
Let's just pile useless replies on top of other useless replies!

No, UpdateLayeredWindow is not available through a .NET assembly.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(969 Views)

@nathand wrote:
Let's just pile useless replies on top of other useless replies!

No, UpdateLayeredWindow is not available through a .NET assembly.

Learning how to call a .NET assembly is not "useless".

If the OP wants to chase after a unicorn, who are we to dissuade him? He wants this very badly.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(961 Views)

I will not comment nyc. Just recommend to google this and then read again this.

I attached the result of my experiments with picturebox. The code comes from here and here.

The result is interesting but still it’s not what I need. I thought that I will be able to use picturebox because it “supports transparency”. But unfortunately it kind of saves its background color at the beginning and then makes some alpha blending with its content using this initiated background color 😞

But even if that will work it will not suit to my needs because picturebox is always on top of all controls of FP (at least I don’t know how to change it). So it can’t work as a background for the whole window (you cannot put any control on it).

Perhaps I will return to this subject when I learn more about using Win API (or eventually .NET), but for now I failed as always with that kind of issues, therefore the thread title is still correct...

If every attempt will fail I will try what zou suggested (but it is dirty workaround IMO).

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(933 Views)

@bienieck wrote:

I will not comment nyc. Just recommend to google this and then read again this.

I attached the result of my experiments with picturebox. The code comes from here and here.

The result is interesting but still it’s not what I need. I thought that I will be able to use picturebox because it “supports transparency”. But unfortunately it kind of saves its background color at the beginning and then makes some alpha blending with its content using this initiated background color 😞

But even if that will work it will not suit to my needs because picturebox is always on top of all controls of FP (at least I don’t know how to change it). So it can’t work as a background for the whole window (you cannot put any control on it).

Perhaps I will return to this subject when I learn more about using Win API (or eventually .NET), but for now I failed as always with that kind of issues, therefore the thread title is still correct...

If every attempt will fail I will try what zou suggested (but it is dirty workaround IMO).

You have attached NOTHING that works. Hence, unicorn.

ROTFL.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(907 Views)