LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MutliSegment Pipe Property node bug?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to use the mutlisegment pipes and am having really weird behaviors to the point that I may just stick custom booleans down.

Look at the attached example.  Very simple.  There are 2 pipes and I am setting them via property nodes.  Simple enough and depending on how you started the VI it appears to work.  Now stop the VI, change the value of one of the pipes and restart.

For me the pipes don't change to whatever the button should be.  So 2 identical pipes are being both set to the same value and they are NOT updating.  Now hit the OK button a few times and they will sync up.

Anyone have any idaes?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,894 Views)

It seems like a bug to me.  I see it in LV 2014 as well.

I'll add one more observation to that.  After stopping the VI sometimes it seems to take two clicks on the node to get it to change state for the first time, then it is able to change state on each click.  And when manually changing them, then restarting, some times it takes two clicks of the OK button for it to start matching correctly.  (But that is basically what you said in your last sentence.)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,880 Views)

Thanks for checking that I am not nuts.  I have reported it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,872 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Evan

If you change the property from "Value" to "Val(Sgnl)" is seems to work. However, it should work with either selected.

Message 4 of 6
(2,859 Views)

Good observation.

My gut feel is that although the pipe is a "boolean", it is much more complicated because of its user interface customizability.  It is probably an Xcontrol.  And Xcontrols have background code.  The Value signalling probably forces that code to do a proper refresh, perhaps as part of an event structure.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,852 Views)

Thanks all and the CAR is already in the system.  #225471

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,821 Views)