From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiplying matrices

I have to acquire waveform from 6 channels and i need to multiply each data point with a calibration matrix to give me the correct value. The calibration matrix is 6X6 matrix and the voltage vector will be 6X1. I need to multiply this before waveform display. I figured that i need to do this in the My scan vi right? But i am having problems multiplying the calibration matrix with the voltage vector. How do i do this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,374 Views)
Not a problem!

All the math functions in Labview work on arrays just as if they were single numbers. Just wire your matrix into a MULTIPLY node, attach your multiplier to the remaining input, and voila, it spits out a multiplied matrix at the output.

Good Luck!

Eric
Eric P. Nichols
P.O. Box 56235
North Pole, AK 99705
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,374 Views)
hi eric!

Well!i guess its not that simple....i am having problems and the multiply node help says i can't use it to multiply matrix. Let me explain my application to u. I am acquiring data from a force and moment transducer....6 channels of data. The force transducer has this 6 by 6 matrix to convert the voltage into N and Nm. So i need to multiply each colum vector (Fx,Fy,Fz,Mx,My,Mz) with the 6 by 6 calibration matrix and plot the final value in the chart. I have attached my files too. When i do the multiplication (with the normal multiply nod eand with the matrix) my data is not getting processed...the processed data shows zero. Kindly heklp me out here!
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,374 Views)