LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiples scales, swap sides problem (LV8.5)

Solved!
Go to solution

Again presenting an issue that I know must be easily solvable and indeed I have graphs with multiple scales in a number of my applications with the additional scale swapped to the other side. Today, in completing the following to create a second X- or Y-axis, 'swap sides' is always grayed out on the right-click shortcut menu.  I've clicked everywhere near the scale.  Using LabVIEW 8.5.  Any help is appreciated.

Adding Multiple X- and Y-Scales on Graphs or Charts Dim hasPlayer, playerversion hasPlayer = false playerversion = 10 Do While playerversion > 0 On Error Resume Next hasPlayer = (IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash." & playerversion))) If hasPlayer = true Then Exit Do playerversion = playerversion - 1 Loop is_FlashVersion = playerversion is_Flash = hasPlayer

Complete the following steps to add a scale to a waveform graph or chart.

1. Right-click the scale of the waveform graph or chart and select Duplicate Scale from the shortcut menu.
  2. To move the new scale to the opposite side of the display, right-click the new scale and select Swap Sides from the shortcut menu.

swap-sides.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(4,569 Views)

Hi Don,

atleast with my LV8.6 I don't have any problems to create a 2nd scale and swap the side...

And LV8.5 is ok too!

Don't you think it would be better to not use white text on white background? Smiley Wink

What other "code" have you copied into your post? Do you use other languages than LabVIEW on your development machine??? OMG Smiley Wink

Message Edited by GerdW on 11-27-2009 05:18 PM
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(4,558 Views)

Hi Gerd -

I have no idea what happened regarding the cut and paste from LabVIEW Help in my post.  Sorry about that.

If you can, can you provide a screenshot that shows me exactly where you right-clicked to get an ungrayed 'swap sides' option to appear in the right-click menu on the attached graph?  I duplicated both the X and the Y scales.  By the way, I rebooted my computer just to make sure something odd was not happenning, but I am still having the same problem.

Thanks,

Don

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(4,546 Views)

Hi Don,

I just played around with my LV8.5:

On Waveform charts you (or: I) can only duplicate (and swap) the Y scale.

On Waveform graphs you (or: I) can duplicate and swap both scales.

(Right-clicking the scale numbers...)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(4,543 Views)

Right-clicking on scale numbers, 'Swap Sides' is still grayed. Does not matter which number or which scale.  It is still grayed. This is a waveform graph.  Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

test2.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(4,535 Views)

Hi Don,

have you tried that with a new vi and a new Waveform graph?

Your pictures look a bit mangled as the duplicated scales are on top of the original one instead of next to each other. When this happens each time you create a new graph you should consider a fresh installation of LabVIEW Smiley Wink

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(4,533 Views)

Hello Gerd:

Yes, I opened a new blank VI and placed on the front panel a new waveform graph.  Yes, the new scales always appear directly on top of the old one, slightly offset.  And this no matter how I resize the plot area.  I don't know why.

I sure would prefer not to have to uninstall and reinstall LabVIEW.

Don

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(4,531 Views)

Hi Don,

what happened when you opened my example? Is the example ok? Can you copy the chart to use it in your VIs or does the problem pop up too when copying the chart?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(4,520 Views)

Hi Gerd - Unfortunately, same problem. Here is screenshot from your VI after I first deleted the second scale, then duplicated the Y-axis again...

test3.png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(4,510 Views)

Hi Don,

I don't meant to delete and recreate that scale.

Can you use my example as copy&paste source for your vis? This would be a way to postpone the fresh install of LV to some more days in the future Smiley Wink (Idea comes across: make a typedef from my control...)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(4,506 Views)