cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple waveforms in a single graph

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello

I need to compare multiple waveforms (max 10) in a single waveform graph. Few of the waveforms are directly obtained from Tektronix 11801B sampling oscilloscope and few are from the previously saved data or sometimes may be from the oscilloscope itself...........I have done this for two waveforms and it works perfectly ..........I just wanted to know if I have to get all the waveforms from the instrumetn directly for comparision, do I need to  to repeat the same procedure for 10 times or is there any other way to do so ?...... I'm fairly new to labview........could someone help me please

Attached is the vi which I have done for 2 waveforms

Regards

Pratheek

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,332 Views)

This might be the worst code ever, but this is the only way I know.......Could someone please tell me is there any better way to do this?

Regards

Pratheek

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,282 Views)

Hi pratheek,

you could store your data in just one 1D array of cluster of 1D array and a shift register. You need that array of cluster of array combination as it seems you add data to those plots individually resulting in arrays containing different numbers of elements.

In the event you index the outer array corresponding to your "dev" button and append new data to the existing data in the inner array.

To show those plots I would also not use a single 2D array as it fills with zeros to get a "rectangular" array…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 3 of 9
(4,278 Views)

HI 

Thanks for the reply........Sorry I'm a bit confused with this procedure......could you please tell me whether I could find any examples with this procedure so that it could be helpfull for me understandt it clearly. Thankyou in advance

Regards

Pratheek

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,272 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pratheek

Hi Pratheek,

an example as requested:

check.png

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 5 of 9
(4,266 Views)

HI 

I have tried as shown in the example but I'm not getting any display on the waveform graph......Could you please tell me whats wrong in my vi. Thankyou in advance

Best Regards

Pratheek

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,248 Views)

Hi pratheek,

you cannot add data to non-existing elements of your (outer) array!

You need to initialize your shift register with an array with as many elements as you have channels to measure data from…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,244 Views)

HI 

Sorry to disturb u again.......... I have initialized the array and I'm able to extract multiple data on the waveform graph but the the plots are displayed side by side as in pic-1 but I would like to have them overlaying each other as in pic-2 for comparision of time delay between the good device and failure device....... Could you please tell me how could I do that......Thankyou in advance

Best regards

Pratheek

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,226 Views)

Hi pratheek,

you need to add the plot data to different indices of the outer array! One plot, one index…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,205 Views)